Grow your client relationships. Grow your impact.
The ImpactUs Marketplace gives you the tools to meet growing investor demand for impact investments; growing your client relationships and your impact.
Impact investing is relevant to your practice
- Between 2010 and 2014, community investing assets alone increased from $41.7 billion to $64.3 billion, a notable 35% increase.*
- All U.S.-domiciled assets managed using sustainable, responsible or impact-investment metrics grew from $3.74 trillion at the start of 2012, to $6.57 trillion at the start of 2014, a 76-percent increase in just two years.*
- Demand is likely to increase as the amount of wealth controlled by purpose-inclined populations — including millennials and women — also continues to grow, and as the promise of place-based investing and crowdfunding is fully realized.
- Impact investing is a way to further diversify a portfolio and potentially mitigate risk.
View the US SIF 2014 Trends Report to learn more about trends in impact investing and why demand for these investments is growing.
Impact Investing is additive to your core business
The Marketplace offers private equity and private debt impact investments that are not otherwise easily accessible. All Marketplace issuers are mission-driven institutions, many of whom have long track records and extensive experience working with impact investors. Issuers who list on the Marketplace include community development financial institutions (CDFIs), non-profits and social enterprises.
Impact investments can help you create stronger client relationships:
The ImpactUs Marketplace gives you the tools to serve the needs of the purpose-driven investor.
- Customize a portfolio - Tailor an impact portfolio to your client’s specific purpose-driven and financial goals and purchase products seamlessly through the marketplace
- Choose between debt and equity products
- Identify investments tied to a specific place
- Specify investment minimums and term length
- Choose products spanning the risk/return spectrum
- Compare up to four products side-by-side
- Deliver value-added due diligence – Find important information on an issuer’s mission, track record and financials and download offering documents to help support your own diligence process.
- Communicate with clients - Monitor client accounts from your personalized dashboard and use the Marketplace’s robust reporting tools to help facilitate portfolio reviews.
Want to know more about this important investment philosophy and how it can benefit your practice? View a list of educational resources where you can find information on the size and scope of the impact investing market, how impact investment products are structured, what impact areas are represented in these products, and how their financial and impact performance is measured.